Sunday 4 March 2012





28th February - Studio Work

I've been on overdrive in the studio lately, due to the ever nearing deadline of the degree show. Although we're all feeling the pressure to make and develop work, I think it's a positive kind of pressure as it is making us work hard and push our ideas further and quicker than previous years. Hopefully we won't all be reduced to nervous wrecks as the weeks progress.

These are the small dolls that I've made so far but I hope to make around 20 to try out various different fabrics and dress styles. I've tried out making some dolls with bridal dress in response to my dissertation research on women and mental health and feel they are quite successful. I'm in the process of trying to integrate my dissertation research in my studio works more, and feel this is a step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment