Thursday 23 February 2012

Dainty Dolls

In order to further my exploration into puppets, instead of continuing making hand-puppets I decided to try making dolls. Ideally I would have used cotton wool or sand to fill the dolls and make them more solid but seeing as though I was just tested an idea, I used shredded newspaper in order to fill the bodies instead. I've tried to keep the elements of clothing that worked with the hand-puppet outfits - but add more details, such as lace.

I've kept the face white for now, but might add details at a later stage. I'm unsure about whether to add hair to the dolls...it wouldn't work if I used a material such as wool, so the other alternative could be hair used for wigs or human hair? This would add a slightly grotesque element to the dolls, and help develop their individual characters.







No comments:

Post a Comment