Monday 9 January 2012

Current Studio Work - 9/1/2012


Here is a photo of my studio space taken today, and it looks tidy compared to usual! I've just put up all the ink drawings that I've been doing recently, as I wanted to see what they all look like together as a large group. I feel like they work better together as a collection rather than on their own, so could look into putting
together a series?


I think the 6 ink drawings above have been the most successful out of all the ones that I've been working on, and this is possibly because I've used colour on some of them? The vertical lines (the occurred as a result of my clumsiness!) help the figures to be seen as puppets or marionettes, and this is something that I want to try and develop.



All the drawings are either based on ornaments that I've bought, or clay models that I've made. I will try and upload a photo of my growing collection of ornaments!

No comments:

Post a Comment