Saturday 8 October 2011

New drawings this week

This week I've been working in my new studio space (the biggest I've had in 4 years!) which has lots of wall space and room for me to experiment with sculptures/installation type work, I've decided to carry on with my ink drawings as I feel that they were a successful element of my work at the end of last year, and want to experiment more with them.
I'm looking into the theme of the household, and in particular objects which are representative of the home. One of the areas that I'm focusing on are ornaments (mainly kitsch), how women are represented and also mental health. My dissertation this year is focusing on women and the diagnosis of mental health and it is something that I want to try filter through to my art work.
Here are a series of drawings that I've been working on that are studies of collected ornaments:








No comments:

Post a Comment